Frequently Asked Questions
Are my children and pets safe to stay during the treatment?
Great question! And it really depends on the treatment that we are performing.
Sometimes we don’t need to use many chemicals at all. But when we do, we use only the safest products available on the market, that has maximum impact on the pests targeted, but minimal impact on the environment.
But just to be on the safe side, we suggest that pregnant women, young children and anyone who is particularly sensitive to go out for a couple of hours during and after the treatment.
What about my fishponds or my vegetable garden?
If you have fish ponds we strongly recommend they are covered with a tarp whilst we carry out any chemical application to avoid any accidental spray drift which may be toxic to aquatics.
We will also ask you if you have any fish ponds prior to starting any chemical application, and we will make sure the ponds are covered with a tarp. We also take extra care to avoid spraying near any sensitive environments, like near vegetable gardens.
What kind of warranty do I get?
At the completion of each service you will be given a “Pest Control Service Report” which outlines any free service periods and recommended treatment frequency. Every home is different and as such they have different levels of pest pressures on the home.
What happens if the pests come back?
Just give us a call to discuss any pest issues that may have re-surfaced during the free service period.
It is quite normal to see a few pests every now and then, but if they become a problem give us a call and we will schedule a technician to come back out, free of charge.
What if showers are forecast on the day of my appointment?
The odd light shower shouldn’t have any effect on our treatments.
Our treatments are very specific to the pests being targeted, and as such are applied directly to where they live and breed.
What if it is raining on the day of my appointment?
If the services being performed are only for the internal areas, the scheduled service will go ahead as planned.
If the service includes the external areas and it is raining on the day of the treatment you have a couple of options.
1 – You can reschedule to another day, and cross your fingers that the weather is better for the next appointment, or;
2 – We can conduct the treatment to all other areas and just re-schedule the exterior treatment for another day.
HANDY HINTS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR PEST TREATMENT
• We will require access to the man hole. It you have stored items limiting access please ensure the items are moved before treatment.
• Have all children’s toys, clothes etc off the floor to allow us access to skirting boards where possible.
There is no need to move large furniture items like beds, bookcases or TV units.
• There is no need to remove items from Kitchen cupboards. We mainly use a gel to control cockroaches unless there is a severe infestation, in which case we will recommend further treatments.
• Please be cautious of slippery floors during and after treatment.
• Please close all external windows and doors. This prevents spray drift coming indoors.
• Ensure there is no washing on the clothes line. We will spray the clothes line for spiders. You may hang washing out 30 minutes after treatment.
• Remain indoors during treatment and avoid entering and exiting the property during treatment.
Notify us if you have
• Schools, Family Day Care or child minding facilities next door or near your house.
• Organic gardens, vegetable gardens or edible plants as we will avoid spraying near these areas.
• Fish ponds will need to be covered. Please also notify us if your neighbour has fish ponds and notify them of our appointment so they can cover their ponds during treatment.
• Animals – most animals are fine to stay during treatment, however, if you are concerned, we recommend you remove the pets on the day of treatment.
• House-washing – we recommend cleaning 2 weeks before treatment, or 6 weeks after treatment. This allows the most effective control and the longest lasting treatment.
• Windows – we recommend cleaning windows any time after treatment with glass cleaner or with brush and squeegee.
• Cob-webbing can be done from 1 week after treatment.
• Kitchen cupboards – if you’re planning to clean out your kitchen cupboards, we recommend thorough cleaning before treatment to allow the gel to remain longer after treatment.
• Floors should be mopped before treatment or 2 weeks after treatment. This allows better residual control for longer lasting results.